This software is designed for three-dimensional design and modeling. KOMPAS-3D (hereinafter we will call it simply and conveniently - "Compass") distinguishes from other programs a number of simple interface, a large set of tools and a number of other features. Let's look at all the features of Compass:
- KOMPAS-3D-is not just a personal software for modeling. It has long been a generalized computer-aided design system.
- One of its distinguishing features is its broad orientation. Compass was created not only for the needs of mechanical engineering - it meets the needs of industry (e.g. chemical technology) and construction. In addition, it perfectly copes with the development of drawings and accompanying documentation.
- In contrast to the software performing the same tasks, in the Compass has: its own mathematical core and pluses from ASCON, created in the files can be finalized in other programs without prejudice to the project itself - nothing will be lost, the design of some parts and simple typical assemblies can take place in automatic mode, which greatly simplifies the work of technology.
- The latter is possible thanks to the library of standard models, which you can find on the panel.
- Just work in KOMPAS-3D implies teamwork, it is convenient to perform a general assembly, drawings, make your own changes and save them.
- Compass does not require a lot of space for installation, as it does not need the super-power from your computer. It easily goes on any Windows 7 or later, and earlier versions of the operating system can simply install earlier versions of this program.
- Although Compass software is paid, it has a free trial period of 30 days, and for students there is a free educational version with functionality not inferior to the standard version. You can install it three times, because it is tied to your student ID.
Even though this is not a full feature of KOMPAS-3D, but some of the most popular features of the program today are presented here.
Compass has been and remains one of the main programs in industrial modeling and design, it is simple and versatile in use, solving many problems. And it is still very much in demand among engineers, technologists and students at technical universities.