Resource Hacker Editor is a program that allows you to view, extract and modify executable file resources of the main Windows operating system formats. With the utility you can work with icons, images and text strings extracted from .exe or .dll. The tool supports editing from the command line.
Resource Hacker gives you the ability to compile, view, decompile and recompile resources of 32 and 64-bit Windows applications. The program opens most of the executable files of this operating system, including .exe, .dll, .scr, .mui. The user can add, modify and delete individual resources of these files, create/compile scripts, edit standard resource files.
Learn more about the features of Resource Hacker:
- Compilation. This is done either through the console or a graphical text editor. The utility supports #DEFINE, #UNDEF, #IF and other directives. Some of them allow you to add several levels of attachments.
- Viewing. Resources of the opened executable file are shown in the program as images or as a decompiled text format. Some of the content is shown as a raw data dump.
- Modification. The tool provides simple editing and compilation of content. These are dialogs, menus, message/line tables, gas pedals and forms. The program lets you modify graphic controls in dialog boxes, resize, move, and perform other actions. Some conversions are done automatically.
- Working with images. Images in the form of icons, cursors or bitmap files can be changed for the similar ones. They are accessible through the Action/Replace Icon (Cursor/Bitmap) menu.
- Command line syntax. When working with Resource Hacker, you don't have to use the graphical interface. All basic options are also available on the command line. Instructions for it are a set of keys with certain characteristics - -openfilename (source file name), -savefilename (new file), -resourcefilename, -action (actions - compile, add, addskip, addover, write, extract and so on), -mask (resource mask), -log, -scriptfilename, -helpoptions (tips).
Resource Hacker is compatible with all editions and versions of the Windows operating system. The utility is absolutely free and available for download at ODVme.com.