Chrono Trigger is a fantastic combination of story, design, music and gameplay.
- The game has an updated battle system in active time. During combat, time doesn't stand still. When the character's timeline is full, you can start giving orders to your character.
- Special techniques (including magic) come into play during combat. Combo attacks are unique to each hero, and techno techniques are available to several characters at once.
- Chrono Trigger includes optional mini-games. Among these, a particularly popular racing on jet motorcycles. The others are focused on the Millennium Fair. For the victory in these games are awarded silver points. There are 13 different finals in the game: what will fall out depends only on the gamer.
- The graphics in the original game have high expansion.
- Autosave works: when exiting the game, when moving around the map and visiting save points.
- The plot is tied to time travel: any player's decision can affect the future outcome.
- Chrono Trigger includes an additional touch-screen control scheme with two new locations, the World-Turn and the Arena for battles with monsters. The Arena allows you to choose any monster and learn how to fight. For winning battles the player receives various items.
- The new versions do not differ much from the original (an argument in favor of quality).
Over a quarter of a century has passed since the release of Chrono Trigger. The enchanting cast of characters and the story in the fantasy genre have allowed the game to occupy the first places in numerous hit parades.
Reviews - Chrono Trigger